Today’s stop is for Cortney Pearson’s Such A Clever Deception. We will have info about the book and author, and a great Top Ten List from Cortney herself, and a great giveaway. Make sure to check everything out and enter the giveaway.
Happy Reading 🙂
Doing the right thing means turning his back on everything he knows.
Talon Haraway was born to be a leader. Strong, confident, and skilled, at seventeen he commands the Arcaian army without thought, expecting results and getting them. When a new set of recruits arrives in Valadir, the last thing Talon expects is to have one of them redefine what he always thought he wanted. Now with pressure from his Arcaian leader and surrogate father, Tyrus Blinnsdale, Talon must decide who he wants to be and where his loyalty lies before it’s too late.
Don’t miss this thrilling digital novella, set in the world of the Stolen Tears series!
Top 10 List
1. I don’t write from start to finish, but out of order, scene by scene.
2. I don’t type on a computer until after I’ve written it out by hand first.
3. I hear voices and conversations in my head.
4. Whenever I feel stumped, inspiration comes a lot of times while I’m in the shower or falling asleep.
5. I pants a story until I can’t figure out where to take it next; then comes the plotting.
6. I’m currently working on four different stories at once (and my head is spinning!).
7. I carry a notebook in my purse just in case I get ideas while on the go.
8. I plot using note cards.
9. I can’t “deep” edit without printing out an actual copy of the manuscript that I can write directly on.
10. I keep a notebook handy while cooking–ideas come at the craziest times!
Cortney is a book nerd who studied literature at BYU-Idaho, a music nerd who plays clarinet in her local community orchestra, and a writing nerd who creates stories for young adults. She lives with her husband and three sons in a small Idaho farm town.